Coal has been beaten by gas in Germany for the first time in ten years. Find out what else has been happening in the energy markets in our quick video overview.
- The Nyhamna gas outage has been revised lower from 18.3mcm/d to 9.3mcm/d.
- Gas-fired generation in Germany is cheaper than coal/lignite for the first time in ten years.
- The Baltic shipping index (freight costs) has risen 63.8% or $678 in 16 days.
- Nordic water reserves are at a seven-week low.
- 21 LNG cargoes are scheduled to arrive at North West European terminals in the next 14 days.
- Sterling trading around a six-month low versus the euro.
Latest posts by Wayne Bryan (see all)
- Nyhamna Gas Outage Revised Lower – Energy Flashback – Week 27 - July 11, 2019
- Oil prices above $65/bbl prior to OPEC Meeting – Energy Flashback – Week 26 - July 1, 2019
- LNG on the Rise – Energy Flashback – Week 24 - June 18, 2019